Thursday, October 23, 2008

First Day

It was my first full day at Canada Post that I was getting paid for. Finally after giving them 5 full days without pay. I was going to do route #17 but ended up with route #SS01 Concord. Yes, someone needed me and so off I went to go and save some poor soul who needed me because she hurt her foot. She ended being a real sweetie. Her name is Pauline and was a laugh. I thought I was going to bust a stitch at some point with her. The route was great and I ended up finishing in 3.5 hours.

Came home with the boys in tow and ended up getting Burger King for the boys and a twister for me. I really just wanted something small since not eating all day I really did not feel like eating much. I received some phone calls for last minute orders for Nina Brook. I am so excited this is going to be an awesome way to raise funds for the PMH crop. I am getting so excited.

I was feeling a little sad today when I went in to take my shower as I was washing my hair I thought wow after five long years of just getting trims and growing out my colour this is all going to be gone in about 9 days. I think it will be a huge adjustment for me but will hopefully give someone a little pep in their step when they can actually go out with hair instead of being bald and having everyone look at them. I personally think these wonderful women look beautiful with or without hair. I have meet two women that have moved me so much you could not understand. This is why I do what I do. I will still be worried at what I look like after the fact but can you imagine if it was never there I think I would worry more. Maybe in my efforts to make just one other person's life a little easier, if it will also encourage you to do the same.

1 comment:

just another stay at home mom said...

You are working at Canada Post now?....good lord woman you have a crazy life...good luck with your "crop for a cure" event...and wish Lu a happy birthday from the Koscak's.