Friday, December 12, 2008

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

I have been baking for the last two days. Well, yesterdays batch doesn't count because we ate them all. I have baked 5 batches of cookies. In total I would have to say that I have baked for about 15 hours. I hope the ladies like their cookies. I am so excited to be spending some time with the girls and also to try all their different cookies. I will share the recipes here with you.

Rosenmumar (Swedish Thumbprint)
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup any flavour fruit jam

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degress F.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch diameter balls and place on a cookie sheet. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2 inch indentation. Fill with your favorite fruit jam.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.


Shortbread Cookies (given to me by Claudia on 2Gals)
1 cup salted butter(must be butter and not margarine)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup shifted icing sugar
1 cup all purpose flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
3. Refrigerate before and in between batches.
4. Roll dough into small balls and flatten with a wet fork.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -14 minutes. Checking them at 7 minutes. Turn tray while checking them so they bake evenly. If they start to get brown around the edges they have been in too long.


Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
1/4 cup light olive oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups pistachio nuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 eggs

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 300 degress F (150 degrees C)
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat int the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
3. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
5. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch slices. Lay on sides on the parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.

I'll post pictures tomorrow of the cookie exchange.


I am waiting to hear back from Lisa and Kris. They left for Italy today and I want to know that they got there alright. They will spend all of December and will be returning an engaged couple on Jan 5th. I am so excited as I will host them over for an engagement dinner. I am currently working on a special surprise. I know they wouldn't be checking my blog on vay cay but you never know. I wish you a happy holiday and many special surprises.

Tomorrow is a busy day with running around with Mr. T and all his classes. I still have to wrap his Portuguese teachers gift. I got her a fancy mug with all sorts of fun stuff in it. I hope she likes it. Tomorrow is also dance and we the parents get to watch our children dance for the whole class. I am looking forward to it as the teacher has allowed me to bring my video camera. Maybe I will add some of it to my blog. He looks super cute while sporting his hip hop moves. I have a five year old who is stuck in a teenagers life. lol Now with his new do we are certainly in trouble.

Have an awesome Friday night!

1 comment:

kramer_buffy said...

omg thanks for hte recipes girl!!!