Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An Eventful Day

Where do I start but at 4:15 am. Someone called hubbies cell and sure enough hung up. It was a blocked call but non the less I was up. I have been up with the kids every single morning anywhere from 5 - 6:30 am so 4:15 am did not make me happy. I tossed and turned and next thing you know Steve was up in the shower and the little one came in to wake mommy up. I am telling you I am so tired and just want to sleep for Christmas. Maybe that is what I will ask Santa for since I really do not need anything else. Maybe a couple million would help but what's money when you have a house full of crazies.....Oops, I mean love.

Got the boys ready and out the door by 7:45 am. I know it's early but I wanted to get a good start on the day. I dropped Ethan off at daycare and off to the mall I went with Mr. Tristan in tow. I am telling you that boy is big time trouble. He complained and caused so much trouble I just wanted to get the heck outta there. I decided since this is really the only day I can get last minute things I went out and purchased all the little things I needed for this holiday. I can tell you after shopping all day with a five year old in tow I am no longer ever going to take him again and second I will make sure that since he did not listen to me all day in his stocking he will get that lump of coal I purchased in the US. I can not wait to see his face on Christmas morning since he really thinks he is going to get his DS. He is super sure of himself because I know he thinks Santa never leaves a kid without a toy.

I'm all ready for tomorrow all I have to do is wrap some special presents when the kids are not around and then just cook some seafood for Steve and I. The kids have decided that they only want to eat McDonald's for Christmas Eve. Gross!!! I guess everyone gets to make their own decisions.

I wanted to wish each and everyone of you a Merry Christmas and for those of you who do not celebrate Christmas then a Happy Holiday! May you be surrounded by family and friends during this time of the year. I know there are a lot of you out there that read the blog. Why don't you leave a little note so that we all know you stopped by.

P.S. Forgot to mention that I received a post card from Lisa and Kris. She sent it to me on the 16th and it arrived. It put a huge smile on my face. Lisa you continue to surprise me even while you are so far away. Hugs to you my dear friend.

I'll log in tomorrow to show you all the pictures of the Christmas Eve traditions. Have fun creating yours.

1 comment:

just another stay at home mom said...

Merry Christmas Vern and Family!! Say " hi" to Lu and Jay!