Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's been a while.....

Wow, I can not believe the last time I added something to my blog was just after Ethan's Baptism. That was March 2007. Wow, a lot has happened since then. Ethan is now walking and his favorite words are Who's that? or What's that? It's so funny to hear him say it all day long. Tristan is in school and has been having a little bit of a hard time with his teacher. The usual of him not listening. I have been working on his writing with him. I also looked into putting him into a skating program. This is what he has said he wanted to do. I just hope that he is interested in this program. The last few he has been acting up. I hope this one is not the same.

I am reading a booked referred to me by Edna called Tuesdays with Morrie. I am moved by the story as a dear friend is going through the same. I now have a more in depth look at what she is really going through. I know what it feels like on the other side of seeing a wonderful person going through a hard time. We care about her very much and will be there for her every step of the way. I have made it a pack to myself to go and see her more.

My word for this year is "ME". Yes, I know it seams selfish but really it's not. I want to take time out for myself in order to help others more. I really want to make a difference this year. Maybe this year I will.


I started off the year with going to the Shaw Club and Spa with my sister. It was her very generous gift to me for my birthday. I cried when she sent me our itinerary of special services. We started off the day with a massage, maple sugar scrub and wrap, facial and then ended with a manicure. I really can not think of a better way to spend a sister's day. We were so relaxed. I can not remember the last time I felt so relaxed that I ended up falling asleep on the table. Everyone knows that I am always thinking of something or other. This time I cleared my head and just slept. It was wonderful as sleep these days doesn't come around that much.

I have started picking out colours for the house. We are finally going to get started with the basement. I know it's going to be messy and crazy around here once they start. So I have decided to start with Tristan room first. I found the bedroom set that I want. It's a bunk bed! He will love it. It will also be good for when he is a little older and wants friends over. One of my fondest memories are of when my sister and I had separate rooms on different floors. But at night she would ask me to come and visit and help warm up the bed. Well, we would talk and end up falling asleep together. It ended up that I took to sleeping in her room. When we moved to Thornhill we all had our own rooms with only single beds so there was no sharing. Except for the night our heater (newly built house) didn't want to start. It was so cold in our house that myself, my bother and sister ended up in one single bed and covered in about 10 blankets. My mother thought we were going to freeze to death. Well, imagine how we all looked when we got up in the morning sweating like crazy because through the night the repair man came to fix it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that today is the first time ever that I have entered a card for publication. Let's see what happens. Wish me Luck!

No comments: