Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rose and Vern Adventures

Where should I start but with everytime I go out with Rose it's another adventure. We took the day away from the family for just us two girls to go to the border for some shopping. We left at 7 am and yes I was tired from staying up almost all night with Mr. Ethan. Got there at about 9:30 and hit the Buffalo Stamp store. I knew we were in trouble when I looked at Rose and her eyes were glowing and her mouth was open. We took our time and looked at everything in the store. Got a new stamp that I am very excited about. Left with only spending about $30.00. We won't talk about Rose's bill. It was her first time to the store and to Buffalo. Boy was she in for a treat. We then decide to hit the hige Jo-Ann Fabric on Niagara Street. Big mistake because everything in the stamping/scrapbooking section was 40% off. I even had customers shopping there looking for items I was in sherch for. We just dyed laughing. I ended up buying a load of stuff and we still won't talk about Rose's bill. See where I am going with this.

I must admit that the best part of the whole day was when we figured out that the ramps have different names from the streets. The GPS was telling us to get off at a ramp but there was a huge sign saying lane closed. All I could see was that they blocked off the road. So I started backing down the ramp only to see cars coming at me. I thought wow I should really drive back up the ramp only to see they only closed one lane and not the whole ramp. Rose and I laughed our asses off. The car that was behind us was from Ontario and we just dyed laughing when we saw the look on their faces.

We had lunch at the uaual Olive Garden and then headed to Target, Avenue (where I got a free pair of underwear....can you see I am excited about the underwear), Laine Bryant (where Rose and I got another 5 pairs of underwear free each). Let me tell you I could not stop talking about the underwear the whole time we continued to shop. I can not believe how much we shopped. At this point Rose was no longer a Buffalo virgin. Went to dinner at Applebee's. We got pulled over at the border and had to pay. I paid $14 and Rose paid $29. If only they knew that we spent about $800 instead of the $310. we told them we did. We were finally tucked out and thought we would be home at a reasonable time but before we know it there was contruction and then an acident. Ended up getting home at about 10 and headed down to do all my flowers for the Dental School. Another adventure just in deliverying the order. What a day! Wow, sometimes I just think that the world is working aganist me instead of with me.

1 comment:

just another stay at home mom said...

Just came back from Niagara and let me tell you the construction in St. Catharines and Hamilton doubled our travel time.....did you know I used to live in the village of Queenston?..my nana would drive to Tops every other day to get her milk and butter...that bridge has changed so much since the 90's....glad you can still find some deals..