Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Awesome book

I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodie Picoult. I think she is an awesome writer and should keep going because I need to read her novels. It took me 3 days to read it. Not three whole days but a few hours here and there. Whatever time I can get without the kids driving me nuts. lol

This novel was so controversial and heartbreaking. I could not believe a mother would have another just to save her first child when in the end she knew her daughter would eventually die. The last chapter had me crying while reading. Even Tristan had to ask me if the book was sad and why mommy was crying. I just told him that sometimes what we read is not true but still connects with your emotions. I was surprised at the ending when I thought I had it all figured out. It's odd how she ended with the same family members she started out with. I hope that everyone who reads can go out and pick up this novel and read it. A little hard to read if you are a mother because it will pull at every single heart string you have.

I'm already onto my next Jodie Picoult book which it titled Songs of the Humpbak Whale. I have heard that this is one of her first novels and am finding it hard to get into. I'm only into maybe 3 chapters and am ready to give up but am going to try my best to finish it because sometimes the beginning is nothing and then bam you have an awesome book in the end.

Took the kids out to Walmart and could not believe being there just 1 hour cost me $150.00. I guess I am really great at spending if nothing else. I could always become a professional shopper. There's a job my sister would love. If I enjoy shopping my sister actually loves it. She can shop from the morning to the close time which around here is 9pm. I remember the shopping trips which left me with pain shooting down my back. Oh what I wouldn't do for one of those days back again. we could always try and recreate a day like that but it's just not the same with the kids at home with Steve. I use to have no cares in the world and now I have two beautiful ones to worry about.

I have the day off tomorrow with Ethan at daycare and Tristan at school. God, I know I will be starting my morning off with a Pumpkin Spice Latte. They are back at Starbucks for the fall season. I have been having almost one a day. Today I tried the frappacino version and I am in love with yet another drink at Starbucks. Maybe I will have to get a job there just to have 2 to 3 drinks a day. That would be a sweet deal for someone who loves their frapps. Maybe working there would only make me sick of my favorites so I should keep being a floral designer and stop thinking of things to take up my spare time. I know, what spare time but hey I tired didn't I.

We also picked up a little something for friends of ours little boy Antonio who turns 4 today. Happy Birthday big boy. We can't wait to see his face when he sees his Cars t-shirt and Cars cupcake. Tristan seams to tell me that he loves cars so we will have to see if he is correct.

Going to try and catch up on some work to night so if I happen to get downstairs at some point I will have to post some pictures.

No comments: