Friday, March 13, 2009

Engagement Dinner

Lisa and Kris just left and we had a wonderful dinner together. We toasted the happy couple and I managed to drink almost a whole bottle of champagne (minus 4 glasses) by myself. I might want to come back tomorrow morning to proof read this post. lol I know and they say I don't drink. I guess when it comes to celebrating an engagement that is reason enough to drink.

We started the meal with pasta and my homemade tomato sauce. Then we went into a chicken stuffed breast with asparagus, roasted sweet potatoes and salad. For dessert we had cupcakes and then finished off our meal with a London fog. I truly enjoyed the meal and the company. I wish you both the very best and may you both be very happy together.
Below you will find a picture of the table. This was in the middle of setting it up. I added tall candelabras, charger plates and some more stem wear for the wine Lisa and Kris brought.
Check out the bling for my napkins. I found these at one of my suppliers and knew that I had to have them. They are very cute and perfect for this occasion.

Here are the champagne glasses I used. These were passed down to me by my mother in-law. You can not imagine how happy I was to receive these as they have had a place in my heart since the first day I set foot in my mother in-laws house. Even at 15 I knew I loved these glasses and must one day own them. They finally came to live with me 1.5 years ago. This was the first time I ever used them. I am so scared to break them that it is hard to place them out. I am happy that they made their way to my table tonight as they are just stunning. Maybe that's why I drank the whole bottle because the stem wear was just beautiful.

Here's the cupcakes Sonia made me. I added the engagement rings as I found them at Michael's and knew they would be perfect.
Here's the cheese tray. The cheese on the right hand side is a Portuguese goat cheese and the one on the left is creamy brie.

Here's the card I created to go with the handmade gift.


This is the gift Steve and I gave to the couple. It's a handmade bride's box. Inside you will find cards with info that the bride and her groom can use for years to come. I still use mine all the time. It will be 10 years old this year.


The happy couple pictured with their gift.

It was so nice to get together and just relax. Ethan went to bed as he was super tried and Tristan stayed up for a little while and just watched his Star Wars. A very nice evening was had by all.
CONGRATULATIONS LISA AND KRIS!!!!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous box! I'm sure they'll treasure it.

just another stay at home mom said...

You are so talented and thoughtful too! I am sure they enjoyed themselves as much as you did!