Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dr. Poon 42 Week Update

Tuesday went in for my appointment and was a bit disappointed. Yup, another week of just losing 1 pound. I am down 66 pounds since I started but I really have been good except for a small scoop of ice cream that I had when the boys, Steve and I decided to have a little treat. I did have it because the boys are asking why I can't have this and that. I explain to them so now Tristan announces to the world that his mom is on a diet called Dr. Poon's and she can only get green things. It's so funny to hear it from him. Ehan has started asking about Dr. Poon's items. He seams to think he can eat them also. Poor little man can barley hold up his own pants. lol

Dr. Terry Poon was wonderful. He explained that my body has done this before. He looked at my food journal and told me that I am doing a good job and to keep at it. I am telling you this guy is awesome. I look forward to our bi-weekly visits. I think I will miss it one day ( I did say one day) when I only have to see him once a month or even once a year.

I have been drinking a lot more water and trying to stay away from the tea. I know I really should enjoy a tea every so often but I have decided that I really need to be strict in order to met my 100 pound goal. There are only 34 pounds to go and I really want to see that happen. I will be so thrilled and can say that I will certainly purchase a coffee for the car behind me at Starbucks in the morning. It's always nice to see the person smiling as your driving off. Try it sometime. It will even put a smile on your face too because you did something for someone and know you are getting nothing in return.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that I will have the energy to get me there in the next 2.5 months.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! I am new to your blog, and new to Dr. Poon's diet. I actually went yesterday late afternoon for the first visit, and I will be doing the shopping tonight, so I actually won't be starting until tomorrow. I have to say, I'm a little scared! It seems so restrictive.

So, I was on Google, looking to see if anyone had come up with meal plans to make it easier to get through the first couple of weeks. I see that you have a meal plan, but I'm not sure where to get it on your site. I signed up to become a blog follower in order to get the meal plan, as well as to follow and get some encouragement from your story.

Could you please tell me where I can get the plan? Thanks so much, and way to go! I hope my journey will be as successful as yours has been so far!

Thanks!

Julie

Unknown said...

Hi there!

Congratulations! I am a new visitor to your blog, and will be starting the Dr. Poon diet tomorrow. I went for my first appointment yesterday. I am kind of scared by how restrictive it is, but all I can do is try!

Can I subscribe to the meal plan that you have put together? How do I get it now that I am a "follower"?

I look forward to hearing your updates, as I believe they will be a source of encouragement for me!

Thank you!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while googleing Dr Poon. I am going to start the program shortly - just waiting for my Dr to confirm.
It sounds like you are doing very good. I have a lot of weight to lose ALOT - I am close to 300 lbs and my knees are feet are feeling it. have tried Weight watchers and still can't get on track so going to try this one and pray I will do it.
I enjoying reading about what you are doing and will try to update you as to what I will be doing
Andree from Brampton

Veronica said...

@ Anonymous Andree from Brampton,

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that his office calls because this my friend Andree will be the start of a new life for you. If you are serious about losing the weight then this is the perfect plan for you. At first it will be hard but after a few weeks you get so use to this new lifestyle change. I am so happy that Dr. Poon has come into my life and I am a new person for it. I have lost 66 pounds in 10 months and still have another 75 - 80 to lose. I too was where you are at and this is proof for you that you too can do it.

I can't wait to hear all about your progress.

Good Luck and keep reading.

Veronica said...

@ jcromie - I am so glad you found me. I am talking to some wonderful people thru this blog.

The first thing I have to say to you is do not be scared. We should be scraed of where we started from not where we are heading. That road will be a wonderful one. I still to this day look at myself and can not believe I am where I am today. Yes, most of it is becasue I have gotten myself here but also has to do with my amazing husband, family and friends and wonderful people like you who I do not even know but leave me wonderful messages of encouragement. I think without you all I would not be able to make it.

Please remember to leave me your e-mail address and I'll send the plan right out to you.

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Thank you Veronica for your reply! I have heard many positive things about this lifestyle change, and I look forward to continuing figuring it out.

I am looking forward to seeing the meal plan, and trying to get my act together. I also look forward to reading your blog more, and seeing your updates!

My email address is jcromie@rogers.com. Thanks for your help!

Julie

Veronica said...

@ jcromie - Hey Julie, Thanks again for sharing your e-mail. I have sent you the meal plan and am enjoying our conversations via e-mails.

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica,
Got my referral from the Doctor and now just waiting.
I did all the blood works and everything normal - i am just fat...but have bad knees and ankles, hey why would they not be sore after carrying all this weight around I would be also.
I am at my fattest I have even been and it makes me sad and angry, which mean I will do this.
I have to and will do this.
I know I have to do this.
I am 50 years old and have an 11 year old son, who I have never ran with, rode a bike and did anything active with because of my weight.
I so look forward to trying some of your receipes and yes it is restrictive, but hey I have eaten everything and look where it has gotten me.
my email address is andreecd@sympatico.ca
I will keep you updated when I start and as I keep going.
Your blog is great.

Veronica said...

@ Anonymous Andree - I hear you when it comes to finally realizing that enough is enough. I also did it for my kids. They are the most important and I could not imgine not being here for them when they are older or even just tomorrow. Don't be so hard on yourself because you are willing to change and do something about it.

I am certainly here to hold your hand along the way. Sometimes it's the ones we do not know that are the ones who help us the most.

The recipes that I create are certainly with someone like you in mind. These will help you along the way because they are tasty and creative enough for the average person to live on.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Good Luck!